Sirius radio receiver module repair

In a Nissan pickup, this is the factory satellite ready head unit and under dash Sirius module. In the SAT mode, display shows 'ACQUIRING' with a pop in the audio about every 15 seconds. Worked fine up till last saturday night. It's not a signal issue, that would display 'NO SIGNAL' and it's not an antenna issue, that would display 'ANTENNA'.

Anyone have information regarding troubleshooting/repairing these things?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Ware

First off, I don't, but I bought a few extra units in case mine died. I have the lifetime and figured I could swap parts around and hope for the best if my unit failed. That might be a path to take. Look on ebay and see if you can find a model like yours and then pull out the SMD workstation. I think it will be hard to repair these things because of the security built into the units to prevent hacking. But if someone could point out the chip that holds that subscriber info and you can swap that around you might be able to get it to work. Also in case you have the lifetime I think it is only $75.00 to transfer to another receiver. If all else fails. If those things don't work it might be a good excuse to buy the new Sirius Stiletto. I think it is the best unit Sirius has released, I think. Russ

Michael Ware wrote:

Reply to
Russ

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:10:21 +0000, Michael Ware Has Frothed:

So what is the signal level? I had an antenna fail on mine that gave the rx just enough signal strength to keep it displaying 'acquiring'

I would swap out the antenna before I assumed it was the rx.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow