Sipex DAC's

Hi Guys,

Anyone out there got any information on Sipex DAC's, in particular DAC349C12 ?

What I really NEED is stuff from the original Sipex Applications Information for this device showing how the circuit card links are used to set the output voltage range.

What I would LIKE is the chance to buy a copy of the original Sipex Catalogue, which had all this stuff in it for the whole range of Sipex DAC's.

Any help gratefully received.

Dave Gibson

Reply to
davegibson

I have the 1995 data book, but none of the part numbers are similar to that.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

If you mean an evaluation board, my book has the schematic for at least one type, but as I said it's not the part you mentioned.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Tom,

Thanks for your response. We need the Sipex DAC info. because Sipex shut down the line in 2002 and sold the whole shebang to SatCon who have never restarted production. The Sipex DAC's are fragile by todays' standards, and as they were used in long-life high-value equipment, (simulators, mass spectrometers etc.), a continuing requirement for spares exists.

We have partially fulfilled this need by cloning one or two Sipex DAC's but need more information. If the Sipex catalogue is anything like the Analog Devices or the Texas Instrument ones, it will have details of what links one needs to provide on ones printed circuit to set the output voltage range, as well as a whole host of other useful stuff.

I am curious that your catalogue has nothing on the DAC349, which, a), was certainly a Sipex product, and, b), was certainly around in 1995. However, it was originally a Hybrid Systems DAC, so it may have had an HS prefix code; and when Sipex bought up HS, perhaps they didn't change the prefix immediately.

Don't quite understand your message about replying off-group, (2 more zeros, and remove the obvious ????). Not obvious to me, but I am, shall we say, no longer in the first flush of youth. If you think you might be able to help me, and are prepared to do so, and think it more appropriate to continue off-group, please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.

Thanks once again for your response

Dave Gibson

Reply to
davegibson

How are today's standards tougher?

The book has these HS parts: 574A, 3120, 3140, 3160, 7541A, 7584.

I think it's because you're using Google, and its new interface hides the message headers. If you could see my email address as it is specified in my messages ( snipped-for-privacy@att.net.invalid) then you could see the "obvious". :)

Ok. Be careful posting your unaltered address in newsgroups. The spambots are watching.