Service Oscilloscopes :good ones to look for?

What do folks reckon is a good model to look for:

Hobby / AF/ occasional radio servicing/ lining up HF Tx/Rx's J.

Reply to
JH

On eBay? They're so cheap there now. I got a 100 MHz dual channel with delay sweep for about $60.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Tektronix scopes are the ones to look for. Their digital scopes are OK, but I'd recommend an older analog model for your stated usage. Hamfest flea markets and ebay should reveal some good buys.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

"Charles Schuler" wrote in news:6qednS7kduwn2KTYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The TDS series of scopes do not have service manuals that have schematics and component-level parts lists,and the older TDS scopes will be out of support by TEK (or anyone else). I'd avoid TDS scopes,unless you buy NEW.

TEK 2213/15(and "A" versions),2235/36 are good used scopes. (real service manuals,too!)

For ham use,I'd suggest a 7000 series lab scope(7904,7603,7704A) with plug- ins,because you can use a spectrum analyzer plug-in like a 7L12 or 7L13.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

thanks for replies guys.