Sentry safe solenoid

Hi group, can someone help please??? I have a Sentry safe #sfw082et, i don' t have the combination number.. anyone know how to open the solenoid electr onically.?? i tried to apply 6v to red black and green, didn't work. the sa fe is from a relative who passed away.. any help will be taken seriously

Reply to
Hilda Winkler

Opening the solenoid is not easy, but they can be drilled open.

Reply to
Rob

n't have the combination number.. anyone know how to open the solenoid elec tronically.?? i tried to apply 6v to red black and green, didn't work. the safe is from a relative who passed away.. any help will be taken seriously

Such as in many hotel rooms and so forth?

And you want us to give you a 'way in'?

Really?

I suggest you get in touch with the manufacturer. They will know how to do it, as well as verify your bona-fides.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

The LockPickingLawyer is less snooty about such things, I bet the internals are similar to one he shows a "low skill attack" on

Reply to
Andy Burns

My mom's friend was in that situation. She had her husband's safe, he passed and didn't know the combination. No oe would open it or knew how. Her son was a millionaire.

My skill set is limited, but I can open master padlocks and simple left-right-left safes. I learned by taking them apart. I'ts a combination of feel and mathematics. Usually takes about 20 minutes and < 20 minutes to actually know the numbers.

She chose to leave it open, but not get the combination.

I haven;t used those skills in a long time. They were developed some 50 years ago when I was bored in high school and th internet didn't exist.

A suitcase that was given to us was opened after the lady passed away, I opened it on the 2nd try.

Something a little harder: Do you know how to turn the copier on after hours? No. Why do you need it? He gavea good reason, so i offered to help. I had the code in like 20 minutes.

Reply to
Ron D.

Check the Sentry safe website for help opening when combo lost.

Reply to
Wond

You're lying but that's ok. At your apparent level of expertise, you will eventually make a mistake and get caught.

Sentry safes are thin sheet metal, plastic and insulation. You can easily open them with an angle grinder or Skill saw:

The magnet trick usually requires a rather powerful, dangerous, and expensive permanent magnet. Handle it wrong and you will smash your fingers. Not recommended unless you know exactly what you're doing.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com