Sanyo DS25390 TV Buzzing

While watching a program, the Sanyo DS25390 started buzzing. At first I thought it was a some sorta of feature that was an alarm clock going off since there was no difference in the picture or audio. The channels change fine and everything seems operational. except for the buzzing.

I took the cover off and found a relay buzzing at about 60hz, it may be lower but I don't think so. I did some searches for the chassis on the internet and didn't come up with a schematic.

Looking at the circuit it seems that it MAY BE the power on relay. I took a picture incase someone would like to see it.

Hopefully that link works out. I am not quite sure how to post pictures into google groups.

a1 and a2 are the power cord, and you can see the fuse. So this seems to be the power on circuit. I didn't see any deformed caps in the area. (or on the board for that matter). I will keep searching for some sorta drawing or schematic for this board.

Any Idea's would be helpful, maybe one of you have run into this before and can give me a leg up on the problem.

Much appreciation.

Gus.

Reply to
Gus

sounds line the linearity/EW, or even scan coils resonating. try a bit of blu tak and see if it goes.

I put my finger right on the blue relay and the pitch changed on the buzzing. I thought at first it was that choke that comes in right next to the power in until I opened the back up and felt the relay vibrating.

I have been looking for a schematic for that chassis and have little luck so far. The only thing I can think of is that is the power on/ off relay that is vibrating. ?? dunno. Will have to get in there with a meter and check those diodes off to the right of it and see if bridge has gone out and I am only getting half a wave. That is the only thought I have at this moment without some drawings.

Thanks for the reply!

Gus.

Reply to
Gus

I have seen relays buzz if the filter cap associated with it's DC power source is bad (open, or nearly so). Of course in this case, they often are slow to close, or don't close at all...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Is it the picture quality, or does the board look really discolored underneath the 6 watt resistor in the foreground of the picture. Just curious.

Reply to
Sansui Samari

Its just a shadow on the picture. Haven't seen any board discolouration. Been busy with automotive problems the last day or so. So I haven't had the chance to get in there with a meter.

Thanks for the reply.

Gus

Reply to
Gus