Samsung SCX-4100 printer fuser - repairable?

Fuser failed on this cheap laser printer. Being a "fix it rather than add to the land fill" kinda' guy, I'm exploring if it's possible.

I've priced the new fuser assembly, and it's nearing the price of a new printer (surprise!), so that possibility is ruled out immediately.

Does this fuser use a common quarts lamp as the heat source like larger printers do? Is this replaceable (not according to Samsung, I'm sure...)?

Other ideas?

Thanks,

--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

I can't see how the fuser can be fixed. It has to be replaced.

--

Jerry G.

I've priced the new fuser assembly, and it's nearing the price of a new printer (surprise!), so that possibility is ruled out immediately.

Does this fuser use a common quarts lamp as the heat source like larger printers do? Is this replaceable (not according to Samsung, I'm sure...)?

Other ideas?

Thanks,

-- DaveC snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group

Reply to