Samsung Scd-80 camcorder

screen is dark and records dark as well .... any help appreciated !

thanks

Reply to
Fx

Any help will require some basic troubleshooting information.

Reply to
dkuhajda

This is a long shot since I don't know anything about that cam. On some older panasonic camcorders the mechanical iris would stick, often causing a dark picture, or sometimes black or too bright. I used to take the iris out of the lens assy, clen oil off the three or four interlockng leaves, reinstall it and it was fixed. After a while I started saving irises from scrapped camcorders for a quicker turnaround time by swapping the parts.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver