Samsung HP-T5064 Service Notes

Hi all,

A friend of mine has had a lighting hit his house now the samsung t5064 would turn on....

Anyone have the notes for the this units? I assume its a fus or maybe a voltage 78xx regulator that got zapped...i haven't seen it in person yet but hopefully it will at least give me those "beep error" coes on the front to point the the suspect PCB.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Nate

Reply to
n8ball

n8ball wrote in news:28b6a686-ea41-4ace-a630- snipped-for-privacy@z20g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Nope...the whole thing is trashed and should be replaced by his insurance company. If you touch it, he won't get it replaced as they'll blame you for its demise, not the power hit. Don't open it. Don't tell them you already have.....it's toast.

Reply to
Fred

ok i will ask him about his insurance...i was hoping that he could at least turn it on and get an LED error code thanks for the advice. cheers, nate

Reply to
n8ball

Even if you find and fix a straightworward lightning damage fault there may be latent damage that rears its ugly head after your friend has passed up the chance of a new one on his insurance.

If he isn't isured he has nothing to lose by letting you have a go.

Reply to
ian field

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:16:05 -0800 (PST), n8ball put finger to keyboard and composed:

Service Manual for SAMSUNG PDP-HPT5064 4264 F34A-N HD-CALLA-CHASSIS:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar