SAMSUNG DLP 3 BLINKING LIGHTS OF DEATH

I have a SAMSUNG DLP hln617w1x/xaa and its broke.

Here is what has happened. First, I got the three blinking lights at power up, I looked in the manual and it said to replace the bulb, which I did.

I got the new bulb replaced it and it worked for about another week. Again back to the same problem, 3 blinking lights. Funny enough, when i took the bulb out and put it back in it worked. When I power it down over night and turn it on the next day I have to take the bulb out and put it back in in order for the tv to power up. I know it makes not sense.

I called Samsung and like everyone else, they are a joke. At that point I wished I had bought the service plan, but I am a cheap, so it looks like I am on my own.

Did some research on the internet and people say to replace the ballast. So I replaced the ballast. It was too easy. GREAT my television worked for another week, then back to the blinking lights of death.

So at this point I bought a new bulb, new ballast and still no working television.

I took the back of my televison off (for the 1400000 time) and watched the television try to power up. I saw the ballast trying to "spark" but it looked like it was not "sparking" enough to get the lamp to fire.

So I took the new ballast out and put the old one back in and it worked for 3 days and now it is back to the 3 blinking lights of death.

Can anyone give me any advise on where to go from here?

Reply to
justin4236

The problem is not the lamp, or ballast, but could be a combination of one of them, & or the light engine. If it's the light engine, it's dumpster time. It's about $ 1,500.00 to $ 1,700.00 US dealer price. Get a Tech to check it so you don't waste any more money on it. Dani.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Dani

Reply to
Mike Berger

Reply to
Art

After messing with this TV all weekend I was able to get it back on..(again, for the next week) I think I may be having a problem with my power source. I have my power running into a monster cable power center. Anyway I turned off my Yamaha and the receiver and it started up again. I don't know how long this will last, as soon as I think I got it figured out it goes out again. Hey Art, could you fill me in on the DMD module? That is the first recommendation I heard about that. Thanks for all your post. I'll let you guys know what happens this next week with my TV. Seems to be an adventure every week.

Reply to
justin4236

Okay its broke again... Same thing.. Its not the AC power. Has to be something to do with the power in the television.. HELP. Can someone show me where to buy a part?

Reply to
justin4236

Okay, its broke again.. Well the theory about the AC power is shot.. Has to be with the power in the television... Its trying to get the ballast to fire up but it just wont turn over and cut the lamp on.. Any suggestions?

Reply to
justin4236

You never fixed it ...What part do you need ?

Reply to
kip

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha escrito:

Corroded or bad lamp socket?

Reply to
lsmartino

Art ha escrito:

I didn=B4t knew the ballast had the socket included. Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to
lsmartino