rotary dial cap

I got two rotary phoones from sciplus.com years ago Finally unboxed them Got one working fine, but the second one, I misplaced the rotary dial cap off by one number and cen't get it off again. the hole for "1" is one more clockwise from where it should be. I put the pin in near the finger stopper, doesn't click.

Reply to
vjp2.at

I got the cap off but in so doing may have damaged the spring. Now the lock clip is stuck at 1 (2 oclock) and only goes to 9 (5 oclock) when it used to rest at 8 (6 oclock) and it used to make a full (instead of quarter) rotation. Nothing LOOKS damamged so I am hoping there may be a sufficient nudge??

Reply to
vjp2.at

I managed to unravel the spring.. oy

Reply to
vjp2.at

regular ad in the Telephone Collectors Intl. newsletter:

I just brought in more dial repair parts, and I'll keep the six-dollar flat-rate labor. Major parts and/or postage extra. Steve Hilsz | snipped-for-privacy@tds.net PO Box 429, Salome, AZ 85348

Reply to
David Lesher