Repairing a vintage solid-state guitar amplifier

2SK135 and 2SJ50 both in stock at RS components.
--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I dunno then, I dont think kits need CE approval especially if they aren't mains powered, I could be wrong tho.

Some years ago I dismantled an old Studiomaster 1000watt mosfet amplifier with a burnt out mains tranny, and that furnished me with enough power mosfets to make about a dozen 150 watt modules up. I made up some boards of my own with double the number of output devices which proved quite sucessful too.

That same Hitachi[1] based design turns up in a multitude of guitar and pa amps from the 80`s and 90`s virtually anything with the words mosfet on the front. The actual output section rarely gives trouble. (IME)

[1] I believe.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio