Repairing a set top box.

Hi all, new to this forum an electronic device repair. I have been given a few items that are faulty to learn repair on and I currently am working on a set top box the picture comes up fine but when I go to scan the channels the signal strength is exactly 0 nothing at all, I have tested various points on the board for voltage with a fluke and it all checks out, the cables are fine. And im assuming the rf modulator box is as well because im getting the display on screen when I plug the RF cable in from the wall. Just no signal strength. I at a bit of a loss as to where to start looking and cant find a service manual online to give me any clues. the board is marked as DVB-TH MB04 rev 1.2. Some jaycar product bought a few years ago. If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
moo

im assuming the rf modulator box is > as well because im getting the display on screen when I plug the RF > cable in from the wall TV not wall

Reply to
moo

First you have to check whether it has fallen foul of not enough EEprom for the current useage,

"Split NIT "

Reply to
N_Cook

Thanks :) I just done a bit of googling about so Im onto this Split NIC suggestion. If it is the case is it a matter of rewriting the eeprom, or essentially does the change in freeview spec make this a paperweight?

Reply to
moo

Thanks :) I just done a bit of googling about so Im onto this Split NIC suggestion. If it is the case is it a matter of rewriting the eeprom, or does the change in freeview spec essentially make this a paperweight?

Reply to
moo

I think 'Spilt NIT' is a UK issue.

Are you in Australia?

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Yes im from Australia I noticed a few things about the uk having the issue but cant find much about Australia.... noticed the tuners are quiet loose so im going to take a shot a replacing them and go from there.... Thanks for your input.

Reply to
moo