Re: Yamaha Clavinova w/Rumbling Sound (2023 Update)

I have the same problem on a C 430. I’ll be playing either quiet or loud and then a hear A rumbling noise that kind of trails off for a bit and then comes back. Did you ever find out what the root cause was?

Reply to
Joe Jaramillo

There's an important clue in the text: "It goes away when you plug headphones"

My guess(tm) is it's some form of microphonics. That's where the speakers cause some electribuc component to vibrate, which then causes audible noises in the speakers. If the gain and phase of the amplifier is correct, it will produce low frequency feedback, which is the rumbling noise you hear. If the noise was a high pitched squeal, then it would be high frequency feedback.

In your case, you have a "C 430". That might be a Yamaha NX-C430 speaker system. The system does not have any built in amplifier(s), so there's nothing wrong with the speakers. I suggest you remove your speakers from the amplifier or receiver case, and the microphonics will likely be reduced or stop.

Incidentally, you're only 19 years too late to catch the original posters.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You might check boards for degrading adhesive employed in tack-on or harness security, in this case - after the volume control section.

RL

Reply to
legg

Reply to
Joe Jaramillo

Incidentally it also happens with headphones so I’m a bit flummoxed. Oh and btw I have a CLP-440. Next stop Yamaha…

Reply to
Joe Jaramillo