Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

If, by witholding the circuit diagram you can't repair your old one and this results in a sale of a new $3,000 chair, then the company sees

3000 reasons to withhold the circuit diagram.

Have to keep the new product sales treadmill running, and we can't let repair of old models result in lost sales of new ones. Or so the corporate doublethink goes.

Reply to
Bertrand Sindri

Have to keep the new product sales treadmill running, and we can't let

But who in their right mind would dream of buying a new three thousand dollar item from a company which would not only not support their products, but which would so infuriate their customers by telling them to get lost when they even dare to ask for a circuit diagram??

For my part, I'd prefer to publicise to the whole world that this company will intentionally turn your/their $3000 massage chair in your living room into a gigantic white elephant!

People should be warned off from ever having any dealings with such a company.

Reply to
Amandaa Ripanykhazov

Ah, but see, there's where you are indicating you are not the typical customer.

For a $3000 massage chair, the typical customer (and 99% of all the customers) will do one of two things when their $3000 chair fails.

One, if the chair is in warranty, they will instruct their personal assistant to file a warranty claim.

Two, if the chair is out of warranty, they will instruct their personal assistant to purchase a new chair and dispose of the failed one.

And the corporate doublethinkers know this, and are banking on this behavior from 99% of their customers.

You fall into that remaining 1%, and they have no issue with telling you to go pound sand, because you are not enough revenue to matter, nor will you likely have sufficient influence to impact the sales treadmill for the 99% remainder.

Agreed. But doing so here on s.e.r means all of a few tens to few hundred individuals see it, and it has no impact at all on $3000 chair sales.

Also agreed, but to do so you'll need to reach those others who don't even consider repair as an option and instruct their personal assistant to buy another when the current one fails.

Reply to
Bertrand Sindri

Not with a chair that costs 3000€, no, we don't.

I can replace instantly an out of warranty gadget of about 300€. I actually take a TV set to the repair shop. If it is 10 years old, probably not.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.