Re: Car alternator failure -- twice!

decrease in DC output voltage.

No, ONE a shorted diode would cause huge currents in the winding connected to that phase. Two shorted diodes on the same phase would cause huge DC currents and blow the fusible link.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I hope not a meter that claims to measure currents of (say) 10 amps!

Mike.

Reply to
Mike

He was speaking of when I measured the resistance of the cables and terminals. Not current.

Reply to
Sparky

I was assuming it was a multimeter. Low[er] resistance leads on any multi- purpose meter are useful!

Mike.

Reply to
Mike