Need Yamaha transformer CX-1000 preamp

T901 sub transformer is open (lightning).  I subbed in a 12V control transf
ormer and it works as it should, but it's too big to mount in the confined
area.  The original transformer is a through the hole PC mount.
Yamaha part number is XA754001 obsolete as of 2008.  Anyone have one to sel
l, or do they know of a close enough sub to fit the board for this model.
I don't mind relocating foils or redrilling if I have to but customer prefe
rs to keep it authentic if at all possible.  Thanks.

Re: Need Yamaha transformer CX-1000 preamp
On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 10:33:38 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

What's the size and pin spacing/function?

RL

Re: Need Yamaha transformer CX-1000 preamp
How abut a wall wart?

Re: Need Yamaha transformer CX-1000 preamp
A lot of surround receivers have a 12V standby supply derived from a
small transformer on the board.  If you look at the size of the one you
need, you might find something very close in an old surround receiver.
NAD, Arcam certainly used them, and I'm sure others as well.

    You might also want to look at all of the pins on the old one, as you
might have an open thermal fuse.  On some transformers it might be
possible to replace it.  Sometimes it will take unwrapping the
transformer tape to find it.  I would NOT suggest bypassing a thermal
fuse as a long term solution.

Regards,
Tim

Re: Need Yamaha transformer CX-1000 preamp
nsformer and it works as it should, but it's too big to mount in the confin
ed area. The original transformer is a through the hole PC mount.
sell, or do they know of a close enough sub to fit the board for this model
. I don't mind relocating foils or redrilling if I have to but customer pre
fers to keep it authentic if at all possible. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice fellas.  For posterity, here's a solution by substitu
tion, although the sub may be just as hard to find in the near future. By w
asting far too much time, I discovered that the Sony 1-448-852-11 transform
er is the same as the Yamaha XA754001.  Same size, footprint, and even the
same plastic foot snaps.  Perfect fit with no mods required. All is well.

John

Site Timeline