Proview 986 Monitor Display Fault

2000 Proview 19" CRT. Display is generally perfect. Occasionally, maybe once per hour, for 30 seconds or less, there is a subtle horizontal band of distorted display on the lower 1/3rd of the screen, about 1- 1-1/2" in height. It is not defined, but a band of dark striations within which the picture is slightly corrupted and horizontal scan lines shift rapidly back and forth a small amount. There are no defined boundaries to the distortion, and it is not severe. I wouldn't care, except the character of the fault disrupts the continuity of the visual field and is irritating and distracting. The monitor had a power supply failure in 2003 just out of warranty ):, required several PS components to fix. I don't think the current fault is related. Thought? Thanks JR
JR North