Procomm Plus_memory Locations _Serial ports

I have an RS-232 serial on my computer I connect with a null modem cable Procomm plus tells me "I am connected"

, but

_no data is present on my Procomm screen _The SD and RD lights flicker with every keystroke

I have the same _problem with HyperTerminal

I tried different ports and different resources with the ports No luck

Question:

Where does Procomm look for data being sent and received?

Can I change that Location

Thank you

Reply to
cleancondenser

Are you trying to connect to a modem or another PC? If a modem, you don't want a null modem cable.

If the problem is just that you can't see what you're typ> I have an RS-232 serial on my computer I connect with a null modem

Reply to
Bennett Price

If you are connecting your PC serial port to another computer via the null modem cable, then you need to define the correct serial port and also set the speed, # of data bits, parity, stop bits and flow control settings. Most other computers use 9600, 8, None, 1, and none respectively. You can generally use a "set to/restore defaults" to get that configuration. Unless you have multiple RS232 ports, the connector on the computer back is usually COM1. Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

In desperation I try auto detect on hyperterminal, with and without a null modem. Ususally works.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D