PROBLEM: Nakamichi CR-7A Power Transformer

Oh, yes. My love of playing comes from the same spot as my love of fine stereo/audio equipment, both analogue and digital.

Reply to
EADGBE

Great, same here.

Here's some pics of a few of my guitars:

Meat Plow

BTW if these links don't produce a pic try reloading the page a few times. Seems tinypic is having technical difficulties.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On the subject of the original post, have you tried powering the VFD display and is it working now ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

and

GRAHAM:

No, I haven't powered it on yet. I'm still waiting for the replacement fusible resistors to arrive from my parts source.

I didn't want to use just a regular flameproof resistor, partly because of my own paranoia and partly because the fusible resistors are marked as "critical components" in the Nakamichi service manual.

Reply to
EADGBE

and

They're simply 'covering themselves' when they say that but I won't argue with your caution.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Nice guitars! I like the Les Paul Studio flametop.

I could see the small versions of the photos but I couldn't supersize them. Must be a glitch.

Reply to
EADGBE

and

your

If you were to be supercautious, you should order the absolutely correct part direct from Naki

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

I had always heard that Nak would not sell parts directly to consumers (a common policy among manufacturers).

And since Nakamichi's decline, I would have been very surprised to hear that anyone could order anything at all from them.

Do you have ordering information? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Reply to
EADGBE

Well it was meant to be a joke actually, if you read the manual it generally says that only the manufacturers specified part number should be used where a crucial safety component is marked.

I`m surprised you had trouble finding 1R fusibles, they are a pretty common component in a great many items.

I find Rapid Electronics are pretty good for small orders in the UK

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

RON:

Whoops! I should have known it was a joke. Sorry about that.

Yes, I did indeed have lots of trouble finding 1R fusibles. But perseverance paid off!

Thanks for the tip about Rapid Electronics. I'll try to remember them!

Reply to
EADGBE

The Les Paul is a Special Plus. The plus being the flametop.

It does work if you mess with it enough.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I'll agree that Arfa never advocates anything that is dangerous. If he says it is ok you can take his word. I also see no problem doing this either.. You still have one fuse in the line. In your house's wiring there is only one fuse or circuit breaker in the supply. Using 2 is overkill.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Thanks Michael. Support appreciated, as always.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily