Plastic smell from HDTV DVR

Anyone know how to get rid of this "gassly" smell? Started as soon as I hooked up the new HDTV/DVR (TIVO) to my new Sony. It's awful. I think it is a plastic smell. It's throughout the house!

Reply to
Rosie

Take the unit back to the dealer for warrenty exchange or service. From your description, something has overheated, and may be burning out.

jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Reply to
Art

Just air the place out for a bit and the smell should eventually go away. If it's really bad you could plug the unit in out in the garage or in an isolated room with the window open a crack and let it run for a few days, the warmth should help finish any outgassing of the plastic.

Reply to
James Sweet