Mobile phone opening

I tried to open my Sony Ericcson T610, but the top plastic bits won't come off with reasonable force. They have not hidden a screw under the stick on logo as I thought.

I think there is a reasonable chance the fault is just a cracked resistor or contact in the charger circuit, everything else seems fine.

Am I right in thinking they make these things non-serviceable?

Alternatively, if anyone does know how to get it open (reversibly!) I'd like to know.

K.

Reply to
Kryten

Drop it a few times from precisely the right height.

Reply to
cs_posting

sometimes screws are visible under the batteries pack. rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

That's what happened once too often, resulting in the present problem...

I'm inclined to rip the plastic off destructively.

It won't look good without it, but better to have it working at least.

Non-working, its appearance is irrelevant.

Aha! Success! I've just managed to flip the top plastic bit off. Non-destructively, but they didn't make it easy. Needed a couple of tweezers working together.

Opened it up, bent the power contacts a bit to press on the PCB more, re-assembled and it is now charging up as I type. Hurrah!

Reply to
Kryten

It's usually plastic clips at the top, a couple each side and maybe a screw under the battery, or more clips on the bottom edge. 'Reasonable' force is required, with dexterity. The difference between 'reasonable' and 'oh-shit' force is moot.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor