Picture not bright enough when tuned to a station.

Digitor TV 12 volt portable. The picture on the screen lacks contrast and brightness even when controls are set to maximum, however I noticed that the screen has plenty of brightness up to a point just before a station is actually tuned. If I tweak the G2 I get scan lines. Why would the brightness on the screen go lower when a station is in tune? Thanks for any feedback. A.T.

Reply to
alitonto

Video AGC ? Poorly designed post detector video clamp circuitry ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily