Paralleled Amplifier Wiring

On Jul 22, 5:00=A0am, "William Sommerwerck" wrote: > >> Regardless, if the output levels are closely matched, one amp / will > >> not/ pump current into the other. But to gain any increase in power, > >> you'd have to use a lower-impedance speaker. > > You are VERY WRONG on this. >

If the output voltage is _slightly_ not matched, each amp will attempt to correct it and push large currents into each other. HEAT. BANG.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

You forgot to give the power.

From quick reading of posts, to get more sound you can put 2- 8 ohm speakers in parallel which will give 6 db increase over one

8 ohm.

You can bridge, say put 1-2 ohm resistors in series with the speaker and use a bridge transformer on the input. If you gave the minimum ohm spec of the amp, I could be more specific. You also did not specify the output type if the amplifier. Are the channels allready bridged ?

greg

Reply to
GregS

"Greg Shithead"

** It in the very first line of the original post.

You pathetic imbecile.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Reading.........

I have a small stereo amplifier which came with two tiny 4ohm 3watt speakers

Still reading.........................................

How tiny?

What color ??

greg

Reply to
GregS

"Greg the trolling Shithead"

** Wot a pathetic moron....

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

...and you'll never change.

-- Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell