Panasonic remote control model# eur7603z9a

Remote just died one day, didn't drop it or any physical damage. Tried new batteries, I have voltage throughout the circuit board all the way up to the infrared LED. The backlight LEDs and the DBS LED flash shortly once while I connect B+. Most of the Test Points indicate switch activity, but no switch indication returned to the LED under the switch button Eg: TV, VCR... The crystal looks like it is working just fine. The infrared LED checks OK. I have inspected with a microscope as best as I can for a cracked run, but the switch side is covered by a white coating making it impossible for visual inspection. A replacement remote is right at $50, and I'm not sure if a universal will have all the options. They went to the trouble of putting Test Points on the board, so I figured there may be some info/schematics floating around somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bill

Reply to
hemrich

How did you check the infrared led? I have found the even tho the infrared LED can check ok with a voltmeter test, it still may be bad. I always check my remotes with a little card available Radio Shack. If the remote is transmitting the little square on the card will light up. A dim room is better for checking as the card doesnt light up all that brightly.

JIm

Reply to
Jim Poore

Jim, While checking the LED with the diode test setting on my multimeter (to supply power), I viewed the light from the LED through my camera on my cell phone.

thanks,

Bill

Reply to
hemrich

Lol....I learn something new every day...I would have never thought to use a camera to view infrared activity. My hats off to you for your ingenuity.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Poore

Not new. Common practice.