output inductors and Zobel networks

I asked JC about this, and he says he agrees with you in principle, that getting rid of the output inductor is a good thing -- it reduces ringing with capacitive loads.

He said no Parasound amplifier has had an output inductor.

He also said a Zobel network in parallel with the output -- an R in series with a C -- guarantees that the output stage always sees a relatively low, resistive impedance at higher frequencies.

This was a quick discussion, and I am perhaps not correctly repeating what JC said and/or misrepresenting the principles.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck