OT: UK hackers delight

Poundland, so 1GBP per lamp, now have 3 LED 2.6W 4000k mains lamps, that come apart with 2x3 screws, easily removed 3 LEDs, 3 separate condenser/focus lenses and for good measure 3.3uF,400V cap

Reply to
N_Cook

Adrian C
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Yes, the main transistor is (PHE/ST/MJE etc)13003 700V , 1.5W TO92 and also 1N4007 SMD, I assume the LV side smoothing chip cap is a useful muffery. He did not remove an LED there. It would expose the weakness. If the heatsink plate bows at all ,then the LEDs (great for hackability though) only have white goo between their heatsink backing and the lamp's heatsinking disc

Reply to
N_Cook

And a parts-mule of 3 of those very tiny CSK screws that hold the innards of laptops together.

Reply to
N_Cook

chip cap is LV 3.3uF. Going by memory the HF mini transformer looks the same size as reverb tank coils. The next time I have a failed coil I'll try the HV coil of that core, heat separates the ferrite easily. Probably not enough turns for a full replacement job but might give some reverb instead of no reverb.

Reply to
N_Cook