OT: Lockheed-Martin = saviour of the planet?

Lockheed-Martin doesn't need PR. They are a large defense contractor that does basic research as well. They have facilities scattered all over the US. There is one not far from here that did sat terminals for government agencies. They build planes, weapons systems and other items for multiple countries.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I normally hate to bicker, but that seems to be one of the driving forces of Usenet, so ..... There's a major defense contractor --I forget which -- that sponsors one of the Sunday morning network tv "news" shows. Maybe they think that's the kind of tv government bigshots watch, but they know the vast majority of people watching have no influence at all.

Whether N's speculation is correct or not, I don't know.

788-5607

Reply to
micky

These guys?;

Ian Field

bit more tech stuff

So superconducting magnets next to superhot plasma, just the insulation would be the size of a truck

Reply to
N_Cook

Exactly.... that's why I doubt it could be scaled into a bigger reactor! :)

--
   @~@   Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!

Some scientists seem skeptical:

Scientists Are Bashing Lockheed Martin's Nuclear Fusion 'Breakthrough'

junebug1701