old tv's

my dad who died 30 years ago was 1 of the first in my area to have a tv (from the early 50's). he also was a bit of a wiz as far as electronics in the 50's and 60's.

my family home has a few older tv's as well as oscilloscopes and testing equipment.

is there any market for this stuff?

tia

kevin

Reply to
kevin

There's a very few old TVs that are worth some significant cash, most of them unfortunately are pretty worthless but some people do collect them and I certainly wouldn't chuck them. Old test equipment is the same way, a few specialized types are worth some cash, most are not worth more than it'd cost to ship, if that, but I'm of the opinion that nothing of that nature should be thrown out if it's still usable, at the very least maybe it could inspire some kid to take up electronics.

Try rec.antiques.radio+phono for more info.

Reply to
James Sweet

check here, there are many experts who can advise:

http://freecycle.org/

or

http://www.craigslist.org/
Reply to