Non-Working Cruzer Flash Drive

I'm not sure if this is the latest version. Although the latest appears to be the 2003 version, I would think it has been recompiled for the Server 2008 SDK. Note that USBView or whatever is a sample application for the SDK (software development kludge). Also see:

Source code is available.

Weird. That's actually the name of the video camera tool.

More old bugs in W2K:

Nope. Too much work. I would need to join various MS groups in order to download the SDK. No thanks:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Baron Inscribed thus:

Hi Franc, I've just been and had a look at a dead stick out of the scrap box. It does look very similar with the sot23 device near the end. There are no markings at all on the chip. There is a dead short between all three pins. Same with it removed from circuit.

However all three pads show a short to both power pins on the USB socket.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

Look at post #24

5.1.2600.2180 built by: WinDDK

This downloads an exe so be aware. I scanned it and it looks ok and it works on win98SE.

Thor

Reply to
Thor

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:43:14 -0400, Thor put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a version 5.1.2600.0 built by: WinDDK.

The vendor names are in plain text format whereas in the later version they appear to be compressed. I don't think I'm smart enough to decode compressed data. I was successful with UVCView because the vendor names are encoded without compression.

BTW, virustotal.com says USBVIEW.EXE is clean.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I emailed you.

Thor

Reply to
Thor

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 01:43:14 -0400, Thor put finger to keyboard and composed:

Got it. Thanks.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar