NOKIA SAT 8003 S, shows "Err" in display

Hi. Can anyone help me? My satreceiver shows after a short powerdrop "Err" in display when powering up. Voltages in powersupply seems normal (5, 12 and 24 volts). Checked power to MAC board, also OK. Do you know what "Err" means, e.g. what has been checked before error is displayed. Has anyone possibly got the schematics for this receiver?

Best regards Joergen.

Reply to
Jørgen Christensen

These manufacture NO NOT supply any service information, or parts. They themselves do only board swapping, and re-burning in their EPROM's to fit to the service that you are using.

The only thing you can do, other than sending them back the unit, is to test the capacitors in the power supply and main board with an ESR meter. You can then take a chance, and change all the ones that test bad (if any are found). There is a chance that changing any bad caps will fix many of the problems with these units.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Jørgen Christensen"  wrote in message
Hi. Can anyone help me? My satreceiver shows after a short powerdrop "Err"
in display when powering up.
Voltages in powersupply seems normal (5, 12 and 24 volts).
Checked power to MAC board, also OK.
Do you know what "Err" means, e.g. what has been checked before error is
displayed.
Has anyone possibly got the schematics for this receiver?

Best regards Joergen.
Reply to
Jerry G.

"Jerry G." skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

They sell for app. 15-20£. Best regards, Joergen.

Reply to
Jørgen Christensen