NiMH cell charging

Hey UCLAN, would you suggest the MH-C9000 or the MAHA MH-C801D ????

I guess to me the only advantage with the C801D is the 8 cell capacity? The drawback is not car charging.

Reply to
GMAN

charger

Really? A C9000 and deluxe case is $65 including shipping at Thomas. Newegg wants $66 with shipping but no case. The cheapest Amazon vendor wants $65 including shipping, but again no storage case. 17StreetPhoto wants $67.40 including shipping, but no case. Thomas is looking good to me.

I bought a dozen of the new type low-discharge NiMH AA cells from Thomas. Love them. I'll never buy regular NiMH cells again.

Don't use 'em, but thanks.

Reply to
UCLAN

And the extra cost. Main question is do you *need* an 8-cell charger? If so, get the C801D, and get a cheaper charger for the car. The heavy duty power supply for the C801 is nice. I used to have a MH-C808M charger that had the same type of supply. The C801 is the Cadillac of chargers, no doubt, but unless you need the 8-cell capacity, I'd go with the C9000.

--
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Reply to

Good suggestion, then if i needed more capacity i could just in the future buy a second one.

Reply to
GMAN

One more consideration: The C801 and its power supply require about FOUR times more bench space than does the C9000.

Reply to
UCLAN

But technically does it do a better job or is the firmware and its capabilities very similar to the C9000?

Reply to
GMAN

capabilities

Dunno. Have neither. I get by just fine with my ol' C401FS. I didn't like the cell contacts in the 808. Don't know if the 801 uses the same contacts.

As I said, if you need 8 cell capability or want to spend 50% more money, get the C801. Otherwise, go for the C9000. JMO.

Visit

and
and compare the two. Why not compromise and get the C800S?

Reply to
UCLAN