Charging NIMH Question

Hello Group,

I have a question:

How high could possibly the charging voltage get when charging a 3.6V NiMH. Is the battery full when i meassure 3.6 Volts ?? I read that charging a 160mA NiMH should take about 10 hours at 16 mA. If i charge the NiMH after these 10 hours I have a voltage of 4.2Volts.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
peter

As I recall, NiMH cells go to about 1.5 volts under charge. That would be 4.5 volts for your 3 cells. Bump your charging time up another 50% or so to accomodate conversion factors.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

You might find this link helpful....

Regards,

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Most of the commercial chargers I use regularly, give the cells a terminal voltage between 1.37 & 1.4V per cell fresh off charge.

Reply to
ian field