need to find a replacement K type probe for this thermometer

-------------------------------

** Does that look like a "probe" to you ? Replacements cost about $5

WTF are you doing here ?

Wasting our time for your fun ?

** Yeah, the insulation has failed and there are shorts in the cable.

Did you try to measure a flame ?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No. Thermocouple. I stand corrected. The thermocouple isn't an absolute necessity at the current time, but I miss having it working correctly. It has been needing replacing for a couple of years and I could have used it to measure wax temperatures recently. Instead I used a cheap, wireless IR thermometer.

To be honest, I don't remember. Either a flame or I was experimenting with solar cookers using fresnel lenses a few years back. These can become quite hot with large lenses like I had (3000+ F), so chances are concentrated solar energy hit the insulation and melted it. Not sure, however.

Reply to
Jim Horton