Need circuit diagram for Dixon 542 lawnmower

I have a glitch in my Dixon ZTR 542 circuit that keeps it from starting. OTOH, I can just disconnect the ignition switch and start the engine and it runs fine. I can't seem to find any circuit diagrams or electrical troubleshooting info, All I have from Dixon is a wiring loom drawing that gives no info on how it works./

It would seem that the trouble is in the kill circuit, something is telling the engine to stop. Presumable a malfunctioning safety interlock but I'm having trouble tracing the circuit. It seems I have

12 volts to the magneto when the 'ignition' is off and 3 volts when it is 'on', but is that normal?

Any clues where to get info? I have never been able to find a repair manual for this model on ebay or elsewhere.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

I'm not familar with your particular mower but the interlock switches should be easy to check with an ohm meter. Hope this helps you.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance