NAP PTV915

Hi;

This set has way too much history. Another shop had it and fixed the PS or whatever and it's got HV, but no video, OSD or sound.

I changed the SSB and got luck/unlucky. I now had OSD, tuning and sound but only a slight shadow of video. Hmmm. The set had taken a power surge from what I'd heard, so who knows. I started to poke around and found that I had forgotten to plug the ribbon from the PIP board to the SSB. Plugged it in and expected a picture but no good, no OSD either, just raster.

What that means is that the PIP board is blowing the SSB somehow. I have no print (scary huh).

What I'm after is if anyone who works on these knows of something likely to be repairable on the SSB. Gimme a tip that works and I think I can get the company to send you a check for =BD the cost of the SSB because our only alternative is to buy another one.

Thamks in advance.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

This set has way too much history. Another shop had it and fixed the PS or whatever and it's got HV, but no video, OSD or sound.

I changed the SSB and got luck/unlucky. I now had OSD, tuning and sound but only a slight shadow of video. Hmmm. The set had taken a power surge from what I'd heard, so who knows. I started to poke around and found that I had forgotten to plug the ribbon from the PIP board to the SSB. Plugged it in and expected a picture but no good, no OSD either, just raster.

What that means is that the PIP board is blowing the SSB somehow. I have no print (scary huh).

What I'm after is if anyone who works on these knows of something likely to be repairable on the SSB. Gimme a tip that works and I think I can get the company to send you a check for ?the cost of the SSB because our only alternative is to buy another one.

Thamks in advance.

JURB

Reply to
shell-news