Name that connector

I have a Yamaha X07G battery charger with an obscure connector that I'm trying to source more of. It has 4 pins (2 battery, 2 thermistor) in a plug about an inch across.

There's a symbol on the plug which looks like a T with an extra horizontal bar sticking to the left halfway up:

------- | --| |

I'm completely at a loss to work out who the manufacturer might be or what this type of plug is called. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Looks like it may be a custom overmold?

I took the liberty of doing some post-processing on the image that may make the logo and details of the plug easier to see:

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

Sadly, many makers take a delight in using a non standard connector you can't buy except from them. As an over priced spare lead or whatever. Often as easy to buy a complete new whatsit.

Had that with a BMW fitted wiper motor I wanted to use for something else. It was made by Valeo, but the connector a special made by another company, and although a similar design to others used on the car which are standard, was a special and only available as part of an expensive loom.

--
*When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Same experience with the Freelander. In the end I realised that the connector was only there to facilitate assembly, so cut it off and soldered the wires in place.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yeah, but their some reasoning behind that..

  1. You have to buy from them, any replacement cords. That locks you in :( .
  2. When they decide not to support it any more, You need to buy a whole new item, because no one makes a replacement cord like that.

They only hope that you got enough enjoyment out of it so that you will once again, buy a whole new item from them.

Some of these people are pretty cocky when they think they have the competition over a barrel with a product.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I forgot to mention the pitch is roughly 3.6mm... but you might be right. Since I have control over both ends, I have the option of replacing the lot. Looks like some high-end D connectors would fit in the space (31mmx17mm) and carry the current (eg ITW McMurdo DE9P - 500 mate cycles, 6.5A per pin, gold plated). Leaves some extra pins to play with too...

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos