motor start capacitor

Front panel toggle switches.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

When I started out we used switches, one per bit.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

How fast could you re-enter the boot code into a PDP-11? :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

That depends on how big your boots were. :) I made sure a lot of them would never boot again, and sold the leftovers. They were from leased CAD systems that were being retired, and had to go through certified destruction, but were were allowed to sell lots of the parts. I still have a pair of aluminum racks from the LSI versions that were used to process CATV bills.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, but you had 0's and 1's to work with. When I started out we only had the 0's.

AND - we had to whittle our own chips.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

REAL programmers keep getting confused between Halloween & Christmas (Oct 31 = Dec 25).

stanblaz@netspace.net.au
www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
Stan Blazejewski

Well, I got the capacitor from Grainger and the door opener works flawlessly now. So I've no idea whether the original failure was a freak coincidence or not :-)

I hadn't realized that Grainger only sells to businesses/institutions, but the guy there helped me out by pointing out that my employer (U of Maryland) has an account, so I was able to buy it. Woohoo.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Lenski