More on pop problem in CTC203

Using scope and DMM, the two audio amp ICs are TDA7267 and I have checked the voltages and outputs, mute pin for any noise. Except both on their outputs showed short burst of oscillation when "POP!" occurred. Seems at same time the voltage bounced a bit but I'm not sure if that is affecting the amp ICs. I even disconnected audio signals to these ICs by removing two O ohm SMD jumpers. Still get that annoying poppings.

And chassis does have two POPs. Soft pop at turn on (barely heard it over the deguassing relay close but more louder POP! or more like THUMP at power off.

I even cleaned off glue and replaced several SMD parts with no luck on muting circuits. The micro does pull down and float the muting signal as it should be. I even shorted the muting input pins to ground and get no POP.

Anyway I much appreciate the comments.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.