Maytag washer belt cross reference

One of my really good customers had a belt go on his Maytag washer and the Maytag part #'s stamped on them were as follows:

2-11124-3 2-11125-2 D

so when I called local belt and bearing supply stores they could not cross reference those belts but said to bring them in so that they could physically match them up.I can get them from local appliance repair parts suppliers but my cost is $22+tx if I can get a generic cross refence part # & physical specs I could call around those belt places as pay only $4-7 each.So could anyone give me the generic part # and specs for both belts?.Thanks.

Sidney Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

Hi Sidney...

Don't know how helpful this might be, but perhaps worth a shot...

Broke my (older) Sears snowblower last winter. Tried to snowblow the neighbor's dog chain. Mere seconds between snagging the chain in the impeller, lots of smoke, and the belt was liquid rubber and bits and pieces of some kind of string stuff.

Called Sears (an 800 number in [I think] Alberta. Told them the model; young lady told me their part number. Asked her to let me have one. She said out of stock, would be back ordered and be about 8 weeks.

Didn't need it badly then; don't have to blow rain :)

So - talked some more, asked if she could tell me more about the belt. She did - gave me the "generic" number that she'd actually order for me. This case an x 3550.

From that it didn't take long at all with auto type guys to figure out that it was really a standard v belt; and

33.5 inches long.

Only problem then was that 35.5 inches wasn't made anymore, had to choose between even inches. Tried 35 inches; just perfect - and even have a couple of spares at 5.79 (cdn) each :)

Good news for you is that Sears is a huge distributor of Maytag stuff; perhaps if you speak nicely enough they'll do the same for you :)

I have the 800 number around somewhere, let me know if you need it and I'll dig it up for you.

And a heads-up... if you get one from cdn tire; v belts are no longer in the auto department - they have them in a display in another part of the store (at least here in Winnipeg).

Hope this might help a bit...

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

When I worked in the coin laundry business I had frequent need for these belts and found no suitable substitute. The spin belt is designed to slip and the pump belt should be fairly loose. Shop around for a good price.

Reply to
Bob