Marshall JCM 2000, 1998

"Arfa Daily"

** Please come to Sydney - Arfa.

Just buy a one way ticket, cos that is all you will need.

Go straight to Circular Quay from Mascot airport and then into any pub with your stupid, whiny pommy voice and tell everyone there all your brilliant thoughts.

The sharks in Sydney harbour will be picking your bones by nightfall.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If

with

over

What is the point of CE "compliance" testing etc if 2 layers of lacquer to resist 120V av . At one time, before CE marking, all these Tx tails had extra sleeving over them to avoid this problem.

Reply to
N_Cook

What indeed? agreed. Unfortunately, that's just the world that we live in now. Long ago, I gave up trying to change the situation, got over it, and just got on with making a living ...

Put the new tranny in, write up the bill, and move on to the next one :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You do have a vivid imagination, Philip. The last place on earth I would want to go, is anywhere you are. Stupid person ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

there.

done

:-)

For balance I got a quote from proper tx winders Majestic , just down the road

for a one off , custom/semicustom build from scratch , to specified V & A of the 3 secondaries. Somewhere between 50 and 70 GBP plus VAT plus carriage, about 2 week turn around

Reply to
N_Cook

"Nutcase Kook "

** That is a very reasonable price.

But did you ask them to make a new tranny with the exact same stack size and through chassis design as the Dagnall ones ??

Were they offering you a custom toroidal tranny by any chance??

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Disembowelment from a kick is more likely.

Herbivores are more dangerous than carnivores.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Added a 12V 1.5 inch fan at the Tx. Using the unused heater tag for main mount of the fan to solder a solder tag then that bolted to the fan. Setting fan at 20 degrees to the horizontal and cutting and fitting a shroud from that red impregnated cardboard stuff to direct the flow into one side , up, over top and back out the other side between windings and bobbin. As secondary side gets hotter than primary , fan positioned mainly on that side Air flow checked using a joss stick. Perhaps next time using some DC from the amp rather than bridge rect and cap off the heater supply as light current drops in the diodes bring it down to less than 9V . Retained the template for the shroud for the next one of these to attend to.

Reply to
N_Cook