Marshall DSL50 chA/chB output levels

What would normal variation in volume be between channel A and channel B operation ? Between classic and ultra gain for a given pickup source, for a given gain and volume setting on channel A of say 6, would give about the same output seitching to the B channel controls set at what sort of numbers?

Reply to
N_Cook

I had one-a those in for repair a while back and noticed the output level was less on one ch than the other at the same master settings. Couldn't find anything at fault so I assume its just the design. Don't mean it makes sense tho.....I thought it was strange.

Reply to
boardjunkie

I had one-a those in for repair a while back and noticed the output level was less on one ch than the other at the same master settings. Couldn't find anything at fault so I assume its just the design. Don't mean it makes sense tho.....I thought it was strange.

The "classic" channel always seem to have less overall gain but the amp in front of me is about 3 to 1 down. Amp is new to the owner and concerned about it but he is not familiar with it or similar. All valves check out fine as does anything else in the chA section that could be normally problematic. Dis find 2 bad solder points in the power supply but no intermittent noises/distortion reported so that would have been a future problem but not causing marked gain difference.

N_Cook

for

the

correction, about 2 to 1 down , going by the numbering around the knobs

Reply to
N_Cook

The 'ultra gain' channel is louder, it`s intended to be. The clue is in the name of the channel. On my MG50 channel two sounds way louder for the same input settings, part of that is more gain and part is due to the dirtier sound.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron Johnson

in

out

future

I agree it should be like that but cannot find any manufacturer's data or ucen user experience . New and inexperienced owner was of the opinion it is a fault, I know its always A less overall output than B setting for setting ( on the few I've repaired} but I cannot find any specific data to quantify/check it. Did find

2 bad solder joints, unrelated, that would have soon made their presence felt, having a good root around to find the "fault".

N_Cook

For what it's worth, mine sounds about the same on both channels. The different certainly isn't significant enough to matter.

Reply to
White Spirit