marantz sr 5000 A/V problem

Hi, I have a trouble with Marantz amplifier sr 5000: after a short period of time it goes into protection mode, after some seconds it turns back on, and after a while it turns back off and so on. I have tried without any speaker or devices connected and it's the same. I took it to Marantz official repair center, they said they have changed the microprocessor. It was working fine for some months but now it's happen the same. Sometime it works for some days and then again with the same problem. Can somebody help me here with a tip or advice? Thanks in advance.

Giulio

Reply to
giulio.ercolani

Sounds like a tough one all right. Could be the microprocessor wasn't the actual problem after all. These things happen. I'm not thrilled with the later model Marantz's. They didn't need to make them so difficult to service. Even most of the Yamaha's are easier to work on.

If you aren't a tech this is probably beyond you...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias