marantz CD63 help

Got a marantz CD63 with the spin motor dead voltages seem to be stuck at about 2.5 V on each motor leg. Not familiar with this circuitry but I am suspecting the IC controller. Any one with a schematic or experience? Tried replacing the transport, but to no avail.

Stu

Reply to
audiodir

Generally, this means the motor isn't being driven - because focus has failed. Usually a bad pickup.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

When you say you replaced the transport - did this include the pickup? If so, was there a solder short that needed to be removed? (2 adjacent foil pads shorted by solder, needs to be cleared before new pickup will function)

Marantz models I've seen are mostly Philips-built, (ick) though the CD-63 series does have it's devotees.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

And likely to suffer from that Philips problem, dry joints?

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think that was the older models, mid-eighties or thereabouts.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hi Mark:

Thanks, I changed the entire transport and optical assembly (VAm 1201 or womething like that). I used the same assenblu model in another Marantz player no problem, but now that you mention it, I do reacall the shorted solder pads, I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Stu

Reply to
audiodir