looking for a simple pendulum driver circuit

I just installed a quartz battery movement into a wall clock that once had a mechanical movement. I lost the pendulum capability and I'd like to find a simple circuit that would move the pendulum with the same speed as in a normal clock. I'd like to use the same pendulum the clock used before I replaced the movement, which is 3" diameter bob and 12" long. The circuit would be best powered from a single or double C or D batteries. Anyone have any ideas or links?

Thank you, Bill

Reply to
Bill M

Try this:

I built one, and it works as advertised.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

Bill, you can buy quartz movements with pendulum for about $10 and they come with a pendulum stem that is cuttable to length as well as a bob.

Neil S.

Reply to
nesesu

Check at clockparts.com

Among other things, they have a quartz pendulum movement that can handle 17" hands and a 25" pendulum for $13(US) plus shipping.

news