Line6 amp repair, Spider 111 30, 2006

Speaker hiss so the TDA2050 ok, +/-20V. +/-9V and 3.3V for the digital all there. No front LEDs lit There was some throughput of hum when I first connected a jack to the input but nothing since , nor feeding test signal direct into the 2 lines from the 072 first opamp , conveniently discretely isolated on that end of the board. I've been bench testing without the connection to the front panel click switches+LEDs, to avoid taking all that part. Next thing to try, but anyone know if a break in that ribbon to the front panel , or my full disconnection, can cause the Philips system uC to stop functioning, by lack of load or continuity?

Reply to
N_Cook

probably something to do with 3 very iffy looking chassis ground contacts at the 3 front panel sockets, will wire between them and see how things pan out. May even need a footswitch connected to the amp to do anything.

Reply to
N_Cook

probably something to do with 3 very iffy looking chassis ground contacts at the 3 front panel sockets, will wire between them and see how things pan out. May even need a footswitch connected to the amp to do anything.

You shouldn't need a footswitch.

Is this one of those amps where the buffered input goes into a Codec, and the Codec output goes to the TDA? Everything else just number crunching?

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis
3 ground contacts bridged, no difference. Probably like Roland Cube pot problems. All pots except the master , are used as digital controls, 0 and 3.3V dc on the ends. Amazingly only one of the 7 "digital" pots you can turn down to a few ohms , all others many DVM-R ,Ks to megs and wavering. As there is polling signals on the front panel switches the main uC must be ok , for that anyway, and I assume there must be a control logic that locks out the whole system if the ADC voltages are wavering about , beyond some set minimum for the user doing an adjustment of one perhaps at a time
Reply to
N_Cook

Replaced the worst 2 pots with fairly stable minimum few 100s of ohms settings of the rest, no LEDs. I'm now assuming the inbuilt flash memory of the P89LPC936F is corrupted as distinct from the RAMs. There is a vacant header for in-cct programming with RST on the overlay. This line goes to the INV-RST pin of the uC and according to the datasheet a LOW on there will reset the uC, but no change still no LEDs. It looks as though to erase the flash , needs a Chip Erase command via in-cct programming, so that looks like the end of this usual digital farting about. One more effort ,Cannot find "factory reset" for Line6 spider stuff, will try 5 seconds on each at power-up and then 2/3/4 of the adjascent ones.

Reply to
N_Cook