Laptop Packard bell Easynote

Friend found it at the trash, is a 2200+ amd, screen is ripped off but laptop still works, battery works and such. So, has anyone a faulty one i can buy for the screen. Underside says model MIT-LYN01 I need the entire screen, with plastics, inverter and such. No need for power supply, a ibm thinkpad one works fine.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

In the (likely) event you don't find an affordable LCD, you can get useful service from the machine. All you need to do is get its external VGA output turned on (it has one, right?) I used a screen-less notebook for several years as a web-surfing machine with a KVM switch (keyboard-video-mouse). Even a very old, slow, low-memory notebook will work just fine on the web...even with broadband. XGA, 256 mb RAM, Win98 (2K or XP better), are all you need. Actually 600x800 will do also, but you might have problems with modern browsers.

Good luck!

Reply to
webpa

Oh, it works, i have it on an external monitor now. It's just a shame for such a nice laptop.

50 gig hdd, dvdrw, 512mb ram, wlan, card reader... Original owner failed to remove his files, even his banking password is saved. I guess he's lucky the laptop ended up with me, i will erase the hdd.
Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Keep an eye on Eebay. You might find a dead one cheap and do a little surgery. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida