Kenwood KR-9050

Speaker relays not turning on. No DC offset from the outputs. Have no schematic. Anyone know which transistor(s) control these relays?

Thanks Cindy Pearsons Electronics Spokane, WA.

Reply to
cynthiajacobs

Hi Cindy,

The positive side of the speaker relay is fed through bridge diode D9, then to R52. The voltage coming out of D9 is not marked on the schematic. The other side, the actual switching side of the relay goes through quite the mess of circuitry. But I'm going to suggest checking the power switch. There's an extra pole on the switch that connects pins 6 and 7 of the tuner board which in turn goes to pin 8 of the tuner board. Then it connects the to the other side of the protection relay. My schematic is on microfiche and difficult to decipher but if memory serves me correctly, those intermittent power switches would shut off the relay and waste hours of troubleshooting time.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, can you please report what voltage is on the relay?

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center