Kchibo KK-C55 radio - AM tuning steps wrong

I purchased this radio at Sharper Image some time ago. It's great for FM and shortwave reception, but AM (aka MW) reception is kinda' weird because of the 9 khz tuning steps which are used outside North America. Even if you key in the correct frequency, the radio rounds up/ down to the next 9 khz step. I looked inside this thing expecting to find a DIP switch or something like that for getting the AM tuning steps to the normal 10 khz but I didn't see one. Any hints out there?

Jeff Louisville, KY

Reply to
JazzyJeff

It's imaginable that The Sharper Image may have some information about this.

Reply to
mc

Do you have the manual? Sometimes there is information on how to change the stepping. It may often be a series of button pushes while powering up or something like that.

I found it on Autralian eBay, so it may not be designed for the US:

A Google search found these:

(seems to imply only 9KHz.)
(appears to be dead.)
(if you do this through google, the Translate option gives you something as readable as the typical Chinese/English manual!)

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

JazzyJeff wrote in news:1180750519.198279.169310 @h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Check for a row of diodes connected to the key scan matrix, jumpers, or bridgeable/bridged solder pads.

Reply to
Gary Tait