JVC VCR Transformer help!

Hi,

I posted a message a little while ago regarding a JVC VCR which had popped some of the PSU parts during a power surge. I managed to track down a couple of transistors which had blown and I've replaced those but it seems now there's no voltage coming out of the transformer (ref des T5001) but there is going in so I'm of the opinion the transformer has melted inside.

I'm having trouble finding this part in Google though. The writing on the part is Delta 41H-2001 0186-1 DCGM 0306B.

Does anyone know where to find a spec for this part and/or some place that sells them?

Many thanks!

Reply to
ellis.rich

Sorry, forgot to mention it's a JVC HR-S6965 VCR.

Reply to
ellis.rich

As a last resort, take the transformer apart and look for a Fuse or Thermal Link.

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

look at what V reg(s) and fuse(s) it feeds.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Ah! And history repeats itself ... d;~)

Even assuming that this is a conventional transformer in a conventional linear supply, it is likely to have several windings for custom purposes such as powering the VFD filament, and will not be replaceable by any 'off the shelf' type. It might be helpful if the OP said the model number rather than just the make. If it's more than a couple of years old, it's likely anyway that his local friendly repair shop will have a pile of them out the back that he can rob a tranny from.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If it's a switch mode power supply, and it almost certainly is, then I would venture that your problem is elsewhere. Bad caps, shorted diode, bad optocoupler, etc.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Yes, quite. 1980s stuff may be single winding - but either way if the OP looks at what its feeding they'll find out one way or t'other.

NT

Reply to
meow2222