JVC RX-DV3R - no output from digital sources

Hi.

I've had the JVC for some years now and decided to give it to my sister. That's when the trouble started :-)

The receiver will come on and looks like it does everything except make some sound. Not through the speakers or the headphones. So I opened it up, checked the all the fuses, wiggled the connectors. Tried again, hey it works again! Must be a bad connection somewhere. Closed the case, tried it again no sound

After some more investigation it seems that the receiver stays mute on the dvd and the optical inputs, but it will play from an external analog source. The lights showing the speaker configuration will only light up on analog/external sources and it will play that source. When selecting the internal dvd-player or one of the external optical sources, it goes mute and the speaker lights go off.

Is this a known problem with this receiver? Is there something wrong with the dsp? Easy to fix and/or expensive to repair?

With kind regards,

Gerben

Reply to
itsme